Peachtree Road Race 2008
posted under
Road Races
by Kate
I know everyone has been waiting for my wonderful pictures from the Peachtree Road Race. So without further ado, here are a few highlights:
Before the start. We met at the Brookhaven MARTA at 6:30.

We started about 6 or so minutes after the official start.

And had a great time running with 50,000 of our closest friends!


All kinds of people run the Peachtree Road Race. Men wearing speedos, swim caps, and goggles...

...the angels...

...and a Marge Simpson wannabe.
This woman was wearing all of her bibs dating back to 1979. In a few more years she's going to have to wear platform shoes just so they don't touch the ground. I have a feeling she could have finished a little faster if she didn't have all that drag.

The finish line was new this year. But since this was my first Peachtree, I can't compare it to the old finish. I think most people like the Piedmont Park finish better. Here's to hoping we're not in a drought next year.

Thanks guys for another fun run. It wouldn't be the same without all of you. Even though we didn't finish the race together, we all met up at the end and took the MARTA back to Brookhaven.

Photo Gallery: http://photohut.smugmug.com/gallery/5336791_BjgKr#329309952_vSzeD
Comment Form under post in blogger/blogspot